Recommended by Amazon...

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Hooray for running buddies!!!

I have a confession to make. I have been totally slacking in the working out department. The good news is I've been holding steady weight-wise. The bad news is I've been holding steady weight-wise. Zero pounds gained or lost. Oh well, I can't expect a miracle and magically start losing weight by myself. I'm at a magic number right now. Want to know what it is? 156. Last time I lost weight (back in 2005) I got down to 156, and then went back up twenty or so pounds from there. Yikes. And here I am again, teetering at the edge of untouched territory. Once I drop this last pound, I will be the lightest I have been since there was a "1" in front of my age. And I still have a ways to go before I think I'll be done.

It's not like I haven't been doing anything. I have dabbled in artwork and created a really pretty trio of paintings for my living room. I have been crocheting like a madwoman. To date I have made one scary looking scarf, one darn decent scarf, a super cute hat with ears for my daughter, and I am halfway through a giant baby blanket for my very good friends (this was quite the undertaking. I have to admit that I started and restarted this blanket about five times because I kept effing it up). I have taken up reading again and have discovered that yes, I do LOVE reading! I have been learning guitar. Again. I have been working on puppy training. I have been taking better care of my house than ever, and have been making minor changes every day that make a big impact on how I feel about our home. All in all, I am super happy with what I've been up to.

And I have been working out, in a spotty sort of fashion. A walk here, a weights session there. I've probably lifted weights about twice a week since I stopped going to the gym. It's just not with the intensity or stick-to-it-iveness that I used to have.

My husband's best friend from high school sort of fell away from us a long time ago. We didn't have a big falling out or anything, we just sort of stopped hanging out. He went his way, having fun and partying and we went our way, making babies and becoming all domestic. We would hear from him every now and then and after spending some time together he would disappear again. He now has a girlfriend. A serious one. And SHE RUNS. So now HE RUNS. I could not be more excited about this amazing turn of events. So far this year they have participated in three 10ks and a 12k. She is planning on running two half marathons and the CIM this year. So they are now a new motivation for my husband and I to run. She has also introduced us to another couple that lives in town and THEY RUN. OMG I'm surrounded by runners!!! More motivation. She is training for her first half marathon in October so that's perfect. I am so incredibly stoked. Jacob wants to run and is once again seemingly bitten by the running bug. He asked me today if I was ready to start half marathon training again and of course I said hell yeah!!! So as soon as he walked in the door this afternoon he told me to change my clothes and get out the door. I banged out 2.7 miles in 32 minutes, which is certainly not a record but I will only get faster. I hope. =o)

No comments:

Post a Comment