Recommended by Amazon...

Thursday, September 30, 2010

Three Things Thursday

It's been a pretty uneventful week here in Mommy/Wife/Runner Land.

1) I am looking forward to picking up our race packets tomorrow, visiting the race expo Saturday, and finally on Sunday- THE BIG DAY. I am still having a hard time wrapping my head around the fact that I am actually running 13.1 miles, and it's even more mind-boggling that I am excited about it!! Jacob wants to try to finish in 2.5 hours. I think he is insane, but I will push for it and I know he will do what he can to make it a reality too.

1) My Sparkle Skirt arrived yesterday. It is just as cute in person as it is in pictures. I would take a picture of it myself to post on here, but it looks gigantic so I won't. (Fantasia's dancing hippos come to mind.) I'll be sure to have some pictures of it on me next week though, so stay tuned for that. I can't wait until my clothes stop looking so huge. I just keep reminding myself that this is why I'm doing all this work. My jeans are getting baggier on me every day. Not flattering in the least, but I'm cheap and want to wait until they are practically falling off of me before I buy new ones. Almost there.

3) I love watching The Biggest Loser. My husband doesn't like how we both get sucked into it and then wind up not working out because we're watching the dang show and then we wind up staying up late, too. So I record it. I watched it this morning and wowie zowie. Who the heck loses 41 lbs? Even in two weeks, which is what I think they said. I am amazed. I think they are recording the show differently this year because it really shows what goes on in the gym. Every other year has shown more of the stories behind the people and this one seemed to focus on the intensity of the workouts and the trainers. Maybe too many people come on to the show thinking that it's going to be a piece of cake because it is depicted a certain way on the telecast. I don't think they will have that problem any more. Makes me see my "mean" coach husband in a whole new light. He is nowhere near as bad as those two. But then on the other hand...they're pushing through barriers that they never would if it weren't for the trainers so they should be thanking them. You never know what you can accomplish until you are pushed to do so. Anyway, so this morning I was doing my little situp routine and my 2 year old is watching me telling me, "go, go, go" and counting for me. Very cute, we're raising a little mini trainer!

That's all for today....I probably won't post again until after Sunday. Wish us luck!!

2)

No comments:

Post a Comment