Recommended by Amazon...

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Slim Calm Sexy

A few weeks ago, I received an email from Rodale Books offering a FREE TRIAL of this new book/DVD program. Skeptical, I clicked on the link and checked out it's claims. Slim Calm Sexy Yoga. It sounded pretty decent, so I went a little bit further and filled out the form to have it sent to me. After this point what typically happens is a new form pops up asking for my credit card information at which time I promptly "X" out of it and say forget it. Not this time! The next screen informs me that my items will be shipped soon. Shocker!

I received the ginormous package yesterday. It contained all kinds of goodies, which I LOVE. Mostly just little pamphlets about eating and a special Prevention nutrition booklet. I like thumbing through these, even though it's mostly just a teaser for what you can order. The bread and butter of this package was the DVD and book. The book is no joke. I started reading it yesterday and also scanned through to the end. It has all the poses broken down from the base pose all the way to more advanced poses that require freakish looking flexibility. Also at the end of the book it gives you routines that can help with things like preventing depression, enhancing your "big O's", boosting your metabolism, and even clearing up your skin! Amazing! I can't wait to try out some of the routines, especially the one designed for first thing after you wake up and supposedly there are moves that can assist with memory. We shall see.

I also tried out the DVD yesterday for the first time. This girl is a maniac. I was huffing and puffing through some of the moves and she's carrying on a conversation like we're out at brunch or something. The good news is that it was definitely challenging enough to get me to break a serious sweat. The bad news is that it was a total wake up call to my absolute lack of core strength. I made it through the whole session, which left me feeling very loose and stretched (I'm talking the most amazing stretch of my life) and can't wait to do it again!

I am really looking forward to continuing to do this program. I think it will be a great cross-training tool to keep my body limber and strengthen up my core. I know it's too early to really see results but I gotta tell ya, I was really motivated this morning and went out for a run instead of scrambling back into bed. I ran a 5k in 35 minutes, which is just a few seconds quicker than my best race time. And this was just a training run, where I had to stop multiple times. Those darn cars, can't they just get out of my way?!?!? ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment