Recommended by Amazon...

Monday, November 15, 2010

Thankful Monday

Hello y'all! This weekend I had the pleasure of standing by my son while he volunteered for the VFW handing out Buddy Poppies in front of our local Wal-Mart. He was soo cute in his little Tiger Scout uniform saying, "good morning!" to everyone that walked past. I wish I had brought my camera with me; it was truly something I was proud of. And he was so proud of himself too. When our relief showed up, a veteran himself, Isaiah was very excited to show him our cash container full of bills. I think our shift pulled in quite a bit to go towards the support services for injured veterans. Sunday was a lazy lazy day in our house, we mostly laid around, watched movies and read books. Still no running in, although I really should have yesterday. I kick myself today for not going yesterday. The weather was gorgeous!

Today I am thankful for Visine. Random, I know, but seriously. Something in the air these past few weeks has caused my eyes great pain. They constantly feel like there is something in them, and they are red and itchy all day long. A dad at the bus stop actually asked me if I was high last week. How dare he? I guess you never know about a person. Anyway, so needless to say, after that question I decided to get some Visine and I have been using it every single day.

That's what I'm thankful for today. Hopefully tomorrow is more interesting haha.

PS- 47 days until 01/01/2011!

1 comment:

  1. Daphne,

    I have added your site to our blogroll at Norcalrunning.com. Please share the news! Also, if you know of any other great local running/tri blogs, please let us know.

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete