Recommended by Amazon...

Friday, May 7, 2010

Done: The Beginning

I found out about a month ago that I would be losing my job at the end of May. It was a shocking thing to hear. I have been at this job for five years now, with a few short breaks in the middle. These people that I work with are my extended family; the people that I tell everything to, whether they want to hear it or not. After agonizing for a week over what we were going to do, we decided that I would be a stay-at-home mom. Isaiah and Justice were more important than the material life to which we had become accustomed. At first, I was scared. Now? I'm EXCITED. I will be home with my kids! I can garden with them and play with them and take them to the park! I will set myself up with a routine where I can fit in time for the gym, and running, and my own time when the nap or in the evening once Dad gets home. I am excited for this new change in my life.

Maybe that's why I'm so excited to start working out and running again. We have signed up for a half marathon in October. This gives us 21 long weeks to train. We haven't started yet, but I am really looking forward to it. I'm looking forward to training, and feeling accomplished, and watching the extra weight melt away.

No comments:

Post a Comment