Recommended by Amazon...

Thursday, May 20, 2010

Sluggish Thursday

This lack of activity at work is killing me. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate the time to read blogs and write my own, but really, I can only play around on the internet for so many hours out of the day. Only three and a half more work days left! And we will most likely get to leave early on Tuesday so really only two full work days left.

I feel very very sluggish today. Perhaps the fact that I stayed up way to friggin late last night and my daughter has a cold which meant she woke up several times over the course of the few hours I was asleep. Perhaps the fact that I have thrown all thought to my diet out the window and am not eating smart. C'mon I know better than that! I have seen the changes in my energy level and mood when I eat "right" versus eating "wrong". Time to get back in the swing of things.

On a positive note, Jacob and I got in two workouts with the weights this week. No mileage yet, but I will be getting that done next week. My first day off of work has a 2 mile run scheduled. Thursday will be a 3 mile, followed by another 2 mile on Friday. It will possibly be brutal since I haven't actually hit the pavement in months. But I can do it. And since it's a 12 week program and I have over 18 weeks until the event, I can always repeat weeks as necessary. I think that once I start getting out there and putting the miles in, that Jacob will jump right on the bandwagon with me and echo my workouts in the evening and we can go on the weekly long runs together.

I was thinking this morning that I am sore from our workout on Tuesday. That got me thinking to how uncomfortable this mileage will be. My aha moment in 3,2,1....HELLO!? Am I comfortable being in the shape that I am in currently? Can I not be uncomfortable for a half hour/hour out of my day to keep from being uncomfortable all day, every day, for the rest of my life?? I think I can handle that. And I embrace it. Bring on the discomfort. Bring on the tight, sore muscles. It means progress. It means a better life for me and my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment